Hey! Hey! I’ve been getting requests to do a post on my wedding makeup, hair and outfit. So over the course of this week I will be posting a series of three posts containing full details of my overall look for my wedding. Now…lets talk makeup!
So I did my makeup myself for my wedding. Gasp!!! Originally I had planned to meet with an artist while in Florida and have them do a trial makeup for my wedding, but time got the best of me and I decided to do it myself. In my opinion there really wasn’t much to do since I didn’t want anything too fussy, so I knew I could wing it.
I wanted to keep things simple and classy so I went for a timeless, soft-glam, bridal makeup look. I wanted to go with something that I know I will never regret years from now when I’m showing my kids how I looked on my wedding day ♥
It was very important for me to focus mostly on the skin because I wanted to look like I was glowing from within. I basically wanted to look like myself—but better lol. I wanted to look flawless but I didn’t want to look overdone or ‘cakey’ on my wedding day and wanted to find the perfect foundation to help do the job.
⇓ below is a short story detailing why I went with the foundation I used on my wedding day ⇓
I suggest picking out your foundation a few weeks before your wedding day, wearing it a couple days, trying it out, and making sure that your skin reacts well to it. I wanted to make sure that the foundation I chose worked well with my skin type (combination-oily). So as soon as I landed in Florida I asked Manny to take me to a Sephora so I could get a few samples of top rated foundations that were best suited for bridal makeup. I picked up samples from Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armani and Make Up For Ever and planned to use them everyday up until a few days before my actual wedding day.
Now here is the crazy part. I went out of my way to get ‘high end’ foundations and ended up using my faithful drugstore foundation instead. GASPPPP!!!
I think I got three uses out of each sample. 3 days wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear, then another 3 days wearing Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and then wore Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation on the final 3 days. Each day I would use the foundations in a different way to ensure I found the best way to apply them to my skin. Well, the Estee Lauder left me with a beautiful, full coverage finish and was good at controlling oil throughout the days but it was too heavy for my liking. Giorgio Armani foundation felt like a winner but by the middle of each day I looked very greasy, & I didn’t want to spend my wedding day blotting my face. I really loved the Make Up Forever foundation because it gave good coverage, looked like skin and didn’t feel heavy on my skin, but somehow I just felt uncertain.
I kept telling myself, “Natasha just choose one, these are the best, they are department store brands, everyone loves them.” But somewhere deep down, a part of me knew I was following the hype and only wanted to use a luxury brand because well……it’s luxurious. The day before my wedding Manny and I drove back to Sephora and after walking around mindlessly, I left empty handed. I felt like I trusted the two drugstore foundations (Revlon Colorstay & Covergirl 3-n-1) that I brought with me to Florida more than the department store brands and decided that the following morning I would use one of the two on my wedding day. In the end I went with Covergirl Queen Collection 3 in 1 foundation.
♥Full Details of My Wedding Makeup 03.28.2016♥
1. The first thing I did was prime my face with Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer to help with the longevity of the foundation. (I used both the smoothing primer and the mattifying primer).
2. Then to apply foundation I used one pump and just applied four dots of the Covergirl foundation to my face (forehead, right cheek, left cheek, chin). I didn’t want to use more than one pump because I was trying my best to avoid wearing heavy makeup. Often times I overdo it without realizing that I used way too much product and that’s usually the cause of cake face! I used my real techniques buffing brush to push and buff the product into my skin. Then I used a damp beauty blender to further blend out my foundation and take away any excess product.
3. Next I used Make Up For Ever Ultra HD concealer under my eyes, starting from the inner corner of my eyes, down to the corner of my nose and up towards my temple. I then blended the concealer out with the same damp beauty blender I used before for my foundation. Any excess concealer was used to highlight the bridge of my nose, chin and the center of my forehead.
4. I then set these areas with the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder and then proceeded to set the remainder of my face with this powder as well.
5. After setting my entire face I contoured and bronzed up my face using Kat Von D’s Shade & Light Palette.
6. For highlight I used Bobbi Browns Bronze Glow highlighter and layered on top Becca’s highlighter in the shade Opal. I didn’t use any blush just because I was satisfied with the overall look of my face after contouring and highlighting.
7. Usually I would have done my eyebrows by this point but it was so important for me to focus on my skin so I left doing my eyes for last. I filled in my eyebrows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Chocolate, and cleaned up under my brow using the Make Up Forever concealer.
8. I’ve never been a huge fan of wearing eye shadow, so I kept things neutral and dusted a champagne shadow from Urban Decays Naked Palette 1 on my lids, then used a light brown shadow from the same palette to help define my crease and used the same brown shade to smudge my lower lash line out just a bit. I then lined my eyes with Inglots Gel Liner and applied Ardell’s demi whipies to my lashes to complete my eye makeup.
9. Initially I was leaning more towards a bright red lip but by the time I finished my makeup I changed my mind and decided to go with a more natural lip color (very indecisive, I know). So to finish off my look I lined my lips first with Make Up For Ever aqua lip liner in 3c. On top I used Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in Pure Hollywood and used Yes to Coconuts Cooling lip oil on top for a semi-glossy look.
10. To finish off I used Urban Decay’s de-slick makeup setting spray to set my face.
⇓Peak below for a list of products mentioned⇓ Talk Soon. Nuff Love, Natasha ♥
MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer
CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless Foundation
Real Techniques by Sam & Nic Chapman Expert Face Brush
beautyblender ® ‘bling.ring’ Original Makeup Sponge Applicator Kit
MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer
Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade
Urban Decay ‘Naked’ Palette
INGLOT AMC Eyeliner Gel
L’Oreal Paris L’Oreal® Paris Voluminous Original Mascara
Ardell Natural Lash
MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick
Yes to Coconut Hydrate & Restore Cooling Lip Oil
Urban Decay ‘De-Slick’ Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray