Can you believe it? January is a few days from being over. It seriously felt like I was writing my Happy New Years post, and now I’m here at my work desk sharing my current skincare routine with you. So yes…I’m totally giving you the inside scoop on my morning and nightly skincare regimen.
For the past 5 years (or more) I was only using high end products on my face, from brands like Dermalogica, Boscia, and Murad. Unfortunately for me, last year I realized that I could no longer keep up with an all high end skincare routine. You see, I can’t get such products here in Jamaica, and if I do find a store that carries one or two products it’s double sometimes triple the price (I Know INSANE!). For the past couple of years whenever I traveled I would stock up on all these products and take back with me to Jamaica about 6 months worth of skincare related products. Well it became extremely tiring and the back and forth traveling just to get a few pricey skincare products was not cutting it anymore. So I went back to the basics and looked for products readily available here in Jamaica.
Recently I was shocked to discover that so many of my friends were so clueless when it comes to a basic skincare routine; two in particular were so clueless that they have been washing their face with regular bar soap (If you are doing this too please STOP!). This lead me to believe that there must be tons of other females out there who also knew little to nothing about having a skincare regimen. As a result I’m sharing with you my current skincare routine to give you an idea of what goes down in my bathroom everyday. Trust me, even maintaining a very basic skincare routine will lead to better skin.
What you put in your body reflects outwards, so it is also very important to take care of your internal self by drinking lots of water, eating healthier and exercising consistently. Nonetheless, to look effortlessly radiant and youthful every day requires clear, healthy skin, and that can only come from an effective and consistent daily skincare routine. I happen to be one of those women who completely believe that skincare should always have priority over makeup, after all if you’ve got a great base, you don’t need much on top anyway. So lets get on with why you’re really here…My Regimen. ♥
1. CLEANSE- I wash my face with Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Cleanser–This is my go-to-fash-wash that I use every morning (& some nights) and I absolutely love this product because it leaves my skin looking so luminous. It’s amazing at brightening and evening out the skin tone, while still being hydrating, but not too heavy and it smells so luxurious.
2. TONE- So I stopped using store bought toners for just over six months, and instead switched to a more natural way of toning my skin. I use my DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner (will do a post soon), and either splash some onto my skin and pat onto my face or I use with a cotton pad.
3. MOISTURIZER- I apply Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer everyday to my face and neck (day and night). I honestly think this is one of the best drugstore moisturizers out there, because it contains salicylic acid to help clear up blemishes while still keeping my skin moisturized without looking too oily.
4. EYE CREAM– This is the most recent step in my daily routine, I don’t have much lines or wrinkles but the longer I can go without any wrinkles the better, right? I’ve tried a few eye creams and so far the Garnier Ultra-lift Eye Cream happens to be my favorite one.
5. SPF– This one’s a no-brainer. I Always ALWAYS Alwayysssss apply Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion every morning and I also keep a travel sized one handy in my handbag. (I apply my sunscreen as the final step over all the products).
1. MAKEUP REMOVAL- I first remove my makeup thoroughly with Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil to get off as much makeup as possible. I absolutely love cleansing oils to remove my makeup because it breaks up the makeup on my face and somehow dissolves almost all traces of makeup. If all my makeup isn’t removed after this step then I’ll use a makeup remover wipe (currently using Biore Makeup Removing Towelettes).
2. CLEANSE- I wash my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser most nights and roughly three times a week I’ll use the Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser.The Biore cleanser is pretty awesome because when you first apply it to your face it heats up as it lifts away stubborn dirt, oil and makeup.
3. TONE– Apply Apple Cider Vinegar DIY Toner (the smell gets some taking used to BTW)
4. EYE CREAM- I apply Garnier Ultra-lift Eye Cream gently around my my eyes.
5. MOISTURIZER- My nightly moisturizer right now is the Garnier Ultra-Lift Night Cream. I apply thid to my face and neck to rehydrate my skin over-night. Its a rich treatment, so it provides hydration without clogging my pores and it leaves my skin feeling super soft and supple in the mornings. Depending on how my skin is feeling, I will occasionally mix the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer with the Garnier cream for extra hydration and also as a treatment since it contains salicylic acid.
6. Exfoliation & Face Masks- This is an extra step in my routine which I do once or twice a week. I definitely think regular exfoliation helps my dark marks and scars diminish more quickly and I love how smooth my skin feels afterwards. The face mask I’m currently using is Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask, and it’s by far one of my fave masks I’ve ever tried. It starts out warm when you first apply it and finishes with a cooling sensation for tingly-smooth skin in just one minute, sounds pretty amazing right? Once in a while I’ll also create my own face mask with a mix of random skin-loving ingredients from my kitchen (I can do a post on this if interested).
Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Cleanser HERE
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer HERE
Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil HERE
Garnier Ultra-lift Eye Cream HERE
Garnier Ultra-Lift Night Cream HERE
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion HERE
Biore Self Heating One Minute Mask HERE
Biore Makeup Removing Towelettes HERE
Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser HERE
Have you ever used any of these products? I would love to know about your skincare routine. & as always if you have any questions about any of the products used or my routine, leave a comment below 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend! XO Natasha ♥