Hey BeautyLeeders! With Winter now in full swing I think it’s the perfect time to seize the moment to rock a deep, vampy lip. Though I don’t believe deep, dark lipsticks should only be worn during the colder months I do think they go hand in hand. But hey!…when Spring/Summer hits wear that dark lippie by all means.
Typically when I wear a deeper lip color I like to keep the rest of my makeup pretty minimal. But for this look I was feeling a bit bold, so I went heavy on the bronzer to warm up my skin and actually attempted to jazz up my eyes more than normal. Now I know many women are hesitant to wear this beauty trend but truth be told just about any woman of any age and any skin tone can rock a dark lip. It is a pretty bold statement to rock a dark lipstick but my advice is to find a shade that suits your undertone and then wear that dark lipstick with confidence! Plus, maybe a sultry, dark lipstick will help to bring out your fierce side & indulge your guilty pleasures!
- I always first start with skin prep before applying any makeup to my skin and let it absorb into my skin for 5-10 minutes.
- Next I used a small dime sized amount of Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (awesome for my oily skin gals).
- Then I applied IMAN’s Luxury Concealing Foundation (mixing shades Clay 1 & Clay 2) all over face & I used a Beauty Blender to blend product seamlessly into skin.
- For concealer I used L.A. Girl Pro Concealer (Pure Beige) to brighten under my eyes and the center of my forehead.
- I prefer a blown out contoured look so I softly swept the darkest shade from the Iman Contour Trio in the hollows of the cheekbones and then diffused any harsh lines along my cheeks using the Bronze shade from that same contour trio.
- Lastly I set my entire face using the IMAN Luxury Pressed Powder and lighted dusted Becca’s Highlighter in Opal along the top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupid’s bow of my lips.
- I primed my eyes using the Nars Concealer and then set it with the Iman Luxury Pressed Powder.
- I used the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Palette to do my entire eye look using the shades ‘Salted Caramel’, ‘Semi-Sweet’, ‘Tripple Fudge’, ‘Creme Brûlée’, and ‘Marzipan’.
- Then I created a winged liner along my lash line using NYX Liquid Liner.
- Lastly I curled my lashes with Benefit Cosmetics ‘They’re Real’ Mascara and then applied Ardell Demi Wispies.
- For a deep lip I almost always first prep my lips (I usually do this at the beginning of my routine). I do this by using a lip exfoliator to scoff away any dead skin. Then I rinse with cool water and follow up with a moisturizing lip balm.
- Before applying lip liner I always blot away any excess lip balm. I used Iman’s deep plum lip liner to line my lips (to increase longevity of your lipstick fill your entire lip area).
- Lastly I applied IMANs Luxury Matte Lipstick in Fetish to my lips!
How do you feel about wearing a deep plum or berry shade during the Fall/Winter season? Tell me in the comments below! Talk Soon. Nuff Love, Natasha ♥
- First I smoothed the Camille Rose Natural Coconut Water Leave-In onto my freshly washed hair for hydration.
- Then I applied the Camille Rose Natural Almond Jai Butter to add moisture to my tresses.
- Lastly I applied Camille Rose Natural Curl Maker all throughout my hair to help define my curls and give my coils some hold.