L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick
Hey! Hey! Hey! I recently went a little overboard when I stumbled upon the L.A. Girl Cosmetics Matte Flat Velvet Lipsticks. The shade range is quite extensive (26 shades to be exact), so when I saw them in store I walked out with 7 different colors to try out. Whether matte, satin, glossy or velvet I just love lip products in general but these lipsticks tempted me because it boasts a formula that includes shea butter. Matte lippies are known to be uncomfortable and very drying after a few hours of wear but when formulated with a thick moisturizer like shea butter I assumed these lipsticks must help combat the dryness associated with matte lipsticks so I was very excited to put these lippies to the test.
L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick is rich in pigment and filled with moisture in a flat velvet finish.
With added shea butter to hydrate lips and a soft, smooth application, your lips will feel as gorgeous as they look!
- Extensive color selection
- Sleek & practical packaging- black cylindrical tube with the color/shade of each lipstick on the top of the cap making the packaging very functional
- Creamy consistency
- Price- very inexpensive
- Scent- vanilla scented (not overpowering when applied)
- Longevity- the lipsticks aren’t long lasting at all. It fades gradually and needs to be reapplied every 2-3 hours
- Non-transfer proof- these lipsticks transfer extremely easily, so after eating and/or drinking the lipstick needs to be reapplied
- Texture is slightly waxy on lips
- Lipstick settles into fine lines on lips
- The color has to be built up before achieving the true color in the tube. I had to apply several coats of some shades to get the opacity needed.
I really had high expectations with the Flat Matte Lipsticks but unfortunately I was a little let down. The packaging is lovely, sleek and very functional. The shade range is also quite impressive but in order to even get the shade to fully show up on your lips it takes several passes for the true color to build up. I know that for some people this can be seen as a plus but I personally found it annoying. Surprisingly I assumed with a formula that includes shea butter the lipstick would be very hydrating and though it is a pretty creamy lipstick, after a few hours of wear the lipstick sinks into unflattering lip lines when applied alone or over lip balm.
All in all based on the price point of each lipstick and the very impressive color selection I applaud L.A Girl and I still would recommend these lip sticks minus the issues found. Share your thoughts on these lippies if you’ve given them a try before in the comment section below. Talk Soon. Nuff Love, Natasha ♥