It officially has been three days since I checked out of the Iberostar Grand Hotel and here I am still trying to convince myself that my little staycation is actually over! My mind keeps wandering back to a restless 6am on the private balcony of my ocean front suite (5429), waiting for the sun to rise and for the rest of the world to wake up!
This little weekend getaway happens to be one of those vacations that was just so perfect I’ve been struggling to put it into words. I made it back to work on Monday morning (unfortunately), and my coworkers kept asking me how was it, and all I could really spit out was ‘uhmmmm, it was really good.’ Meanwhile my mind was running 100MPH, struggling to find the perfect word to sum up my weekend without sounding like I was exaggerating and making the whole thing up. As I’m typing at this very moment, my brain is starting to go in a frenzy once again because I honestly don’t know where to start. So let’s start with….uhmmmm, it was REALLY GOOD!
All in all, I was fortunate to have my very 1st “Grand Experience” at the Iberostar hotel, where I was rewarded with breathtaking views, gorgeous beaches and the sweetest people you will ever meet—take my word the service was impeccable. I refuse to refer to anyone working at this hotel as staff because I honestly felt like they were all my friends—the sweetest and most caring set of friends who treated me like royalty. Whether it was my first day there or my last, everyone from the bartenders, to the groundkepers, to front desk staff were a pleasure to deal with and they did everything humanly possible to make our stay very memorable. As I said, they were more like good friends who made us feel very welcome in their home!
In every detail, the property is meticulously maintained and thought out in every way. The colonial style hotel boasts a very grand design that blends avant-garde details with classic elements. As soon as the sliding glass door opened I found myself standing in the infamous Ibero Grand lobby that was nothing short of breathtaking. I was in awe of the extremely high vaulted ceilings that were immaculately decorated and soared above the high shine marble floors. Just when I thought the Iberstar Grand couldn’t get anymore “Grand” I found myself face to face with the very grand double marble staircase fit for a king! The property most definitley upholds their reputation of being grand and luxurious.
In our suite, I really appreciated the marble bathroom with his & hers vanities, the spacious closets for storage and a rain shower perfect for washing the salt water out of my hair and off my body! It’s the little things that always seem to occupy the largest part of my heart. I was sold when I saw the his & hers vanity!!! But from being granted the option of customizing the mini bar in my room, to selecting from a pillow menu of which pillow I wanted to lay my head to rest on, to getting back to my room only to find the lights dimmed, the bed turned down and aromathepy frangrance lingering throughout the suite, I knew Iberostar not only had me sold but also made a freakin’ home run!!!
The little things…the little moments…most times they aren’t that little ♥
The hotel boasts 24-hour room, concierge and butler service. As such, I started my mornings sitting on my balcony soaking in the spectacular views of the ocean while opening my appetite with a plate of fresh fruit, ranging from berries, pineapples, kiwi, melon and grapes while sipping on warm green tea and fresh juice with a splash of champagne…Mimosas anyone?
Once Manny woke up we enjoyed a full breakfast at the Cornwall Buffet followed by laying out under a cabana by the poolside or lounging on a day bed at the beach. For lunch we ate at the Port Maria beach side buffet or at the beach BBQ where servers came around frequently to take our drink orders. Both breakfast and lunch were really a treat—plentiful options, impeccably clean, expertly refreshed, and very little wait time for a fresh fruit crepe every morning.
For dinner we went to the Surf Turf restaurant and also the Japanese restaurant where the chefs put on a good show at the Hibachi grill. Both al la carte restaurants were equally good. Unfortunately I ate so much throughout the day that by dinner time I barely had space for a three course meal haha!
On our second day at the hotel we spent a few hours at the hotels Wellness Spa, where we relaxed in a thermal, Roman inspired bath. I thought this feature was a great addition to this area on site for guests to use without appointments.
Tips for a Grand Vacation
- The Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel is THREE resorts in ONE! The lowest level is the Beach Club (3 star), the middle level is the Suites(4 star) and the top level is the ‘adult only’ Grand Hotel (5star). The higher up resorts can use the lower resorts amenities but not vice versa. I suggest you go for the Grand if your pocket allows—take my word it is well worth it! Plus being able to visit the other two Ibero resorts offered a nice break from the same scenery everyday at the Grand.
- If you have a family then I suggest staying at the Suites, so you can enjoy the amenities at that level and also the lower level at the Beach Club resort. The Suites and Beach Club are also far more vibrant and full of life around the pool area than at the Grand.
- Typically I love a lazy river, so I was super excited to go over to the Suites next door and spend some time there. Unfortunately that lazy river was just a tad bit too lazy for my liking. If you plan on jumping on a float and going around the lazy river bring a book to read and drink or two with you!
- Book a restaurant before you arrive or you may be out of luck! If you plan on staying at the Iberstar hotel book your a la carte restaurants of choice prior to arrival via email through the concierge department. I recommend doing this to ensure you get a chance to eat at the restaurants and also to get your preferred sitting times. It turns out that people pre-book their dinners prior to arrival and fill up every restaurant. There were a few guests who we met on property who were quite disappointed because they made no reservations for dinner and unfortunately ended up eating at the buffet for all 5 nights of their stay. As good as the buffets were this seemed to really alter their experience at the resort & if it were me I would have probably felt the same if I had no other dining experience at the Grand except the buffet.
- The pool service comes in very handy if you’re running low on sunscreen! Not only do they provide unlimited towels, a mix of novels to read while lounging by the pool, but also free sun screen. I forgot my sunblock and got some for use via the pool services. I was very pleased with this because the gift shop at the hotel was selling it for waaaaaaaay to much $$$
- Tell your butler that you are celebrating something, even if you aren’t be like me and tell them you are celebrating an amazing getaway and they will create a romantic evening with chocolate, champagne, roses etc…
- Room Service is 24 hours! Make use of it! I requested fresh fruit to be brought to my room by 7.00am each morning. If you wish to sit out on your balcony like I did, you can also request breakfast room service on your balcony and they will set it all up for you.
- Relax, don’t sweat the little things and go with the mind set that you are going to have a grand time no matter what ♥
Here are some pics of my trip, check back for full outfit posts with more photos from my visit! But for now… enjoy the the very Grand, Iberstar Hotel…
You know how you travel to some places and you can’t wait to go back again? Well that’s exactly what the Iberostar Grand Hotel was for me. I am sooooooo eager to make another trip. Something about being there put me in such a relaxed mood. The Iberostar Grand Hotel is the perfect place to zone out for a few days (or weeks lol).
Fun fact: I stayed at the Iberostar Suites last year September for my birthday and now that I’ve stayed at the Grand I know for sure that on my next visit to Ibero I’ll definitely be at the Grand again. I’m already planning my next visit (hopefully for my next birthday) and these are the things I hope to do the next time around…
- I really did enjoy my room but I hope to check out the presidential suite or a suite with a swim out pool the next time around. I was told that the presidential suite usually isn’t available but I would love even a tour of one nonetheless.
- Go to a morning yoga session with Bubblez the yoga instructor.
- Dine at the other a la carte restaurants.
- I wasn’t able to make it to any of the nightly shows because our dinner reservations were made for 8:30pm each night. By the time I was through eating I was always too tired to visit the hotels theater to check out the nightly live entertainment. So next time around I’ll be eating dinner earlier so it does not conflict with the times of the live nightly entertainment.
- I made it to the wellness spa but I have since realized that I never saw the wellness pool that I’ve seen pictured on the hotels website. So that is in order for my next visit as well as taking full advantage of the spa services to get some knots worked out and for a little spiritual rejuvenation!
In a nutshell, we had an amazing weekend at the Iberostar Grand Hotel. Of course, I wish I were able to stay longer, but as one of our butlers said, “no matter how long you stay it is always hard to go.” See you Soon Ibero, I will definitely be back!
Talk Soon. Nuff Love, Natasha ♥