There is one ingredient that has stayed constant throughout my entire natural hair journey and that happens to be COCONUT OIL! Coming from the Caribbean, the coconut is very precious to me. It’s in my food, my smoothies, it’s on my skin and in my hair. So, when I first received the Camille Rose Naturals coconut water line I was ecstatic! As soon as I popped open the products I was greeted by ‘coconutty’ yummyness! It was indeed an experience!
Now I know that for the most part, Camille Rose Naturals became every naturalista’s favorite brand because of the Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Curl Maker products (Check out my review on these HERE). But when I heard that they were coming out with an entire new line of products with the major ingredient being coconut water, I went crazy!
The coconut water leave-in detangler makes detangling my hair so much easier because of all the slip it provides. The moisture it provides is unreal and this leave-in is now a staple product in my routine.
- Scent- Exotic Paradise!!! Think Light Breeze of Coconut! Think going to the beach! Think Resorts! Think JAMAICA! Warning: yes, you can smell the coconut. I LOOOVE the smell of coconut! If you aren’t a fan of this scent then this may not be for you.
- Consistency– silky in texture, it is extremely lightweight and non-greasy
- Moisture– Provides maximum moisture and shine for days. Once my wash and go hair has completely dried, I do not need to add any additional products to my hair for up to 5 days.
Coconut Water “Style Setter”
Ever since I received this coconut water based product my curls have been on cloud nine! I love the style setter and I think it’s just what my hair has been missing. My ringlets look plump and soft and they feel that way too. Best of all, my hair feels “set” but not hard or crunchy by any means. It feels—healthy. Now, I’ve used this styler several ways; on it’s own, as a styler and as a leave in. No matter how I used the style setter my hair always feels super hydrated and moisturized and my curls look healthy and bouncy. In terms of definition, when used under the Curl Maker I get the greatest results and long lasting results. On it’s own my wash & go doesn’t last as long, nor do I have super defined coils but what I’m left with is very moisturized, pillow soft, fluffy curls.
- Consistency- super smooth an creamy but light.
- Scent- Tropical, Fresh, Coconutty. I feel like a tourist on vacation each time I apply this product to my hair
- Moisture-This styler gives me the moisture and hold that I need, without having to sacrifice volume or curl definition. I love it! It really does penetrate and has the right amount of slip.
CONS: Usually I’m one to complain about price but the style setter is definitely worth USD$15.00. Yes I wish it was cheaper but I’m honestly still going to be purchasing the style setter, time and time again.
I feel like most naturals either struggle with moisture or definition, or both, and I honestly feel like the coconut water collection most definitely solves any moisture issues you may be having. I won’t promise you super defined curls because I only achieve this when I use either of these products in conjunction with a product with hold (Faves: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker & Cantu Define & Shine Custard). But if moisture is your biggest issue then try out these products, I promise you won’t regret it! No build up. Very moisturized. Not greasy. Bouncy curls! A+