Hey StylishLee fam! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that I have lots of love for the Camille Rose Naturals brand. While I have not used all of their products, I have not had a bad experience with the ones that I have used. Now I know that finding products that moisturize and define curls and kinks is never an easy task; well at least not for me (or for any other curly gal I’ve encountered). Nonetheless, Camille Rose Naturals is one hair company who has never let me down; probably because their products are made from all-natural, yummy ingredients that smell A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Guess that explains why they get such high praise from the natural hair community. Well…that said, I’m sharing with you today, my thoughts on the Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and the Curl Maker.
I LOVE THIS BUTTER!! Not only has it contributed to some awesome hair days but every time I enter a room people start asking, “what or who smells so good?” & I’m in some corner like…”oh you know, that’s juts me and my YUMMY HAIR!!!” Listen, the Almond Jai contains some of the most delicious ingredients ever; almond milk, pumpkin seed oil, macadamia, honey, green tea, marshmallow root…yummy, scrumptious goodness and it’s going all in my hair and not my belly, haha.
I have used the Almond Jai as a leave in, a moisturizer and a styler and it hasn’t let me down in either of these roles. I must say however, that I’m a wash and go type of gal, so I cannot fully attest to the claim of this product being great for “leaving your twists soft, strengthened, elongated and holding your style,” as the brand promises. But it definitely works on my wash and go’s.
- Scent– If you loves sweets scents or share a sweet tooth like me then you will love this scent! It’s reminiscent of vanilla almond milk and chai tea with a sprinkle of cupcakes.
- Consistency– the brand boasts that it’s a butter, but the texture is very creamy. This creamy texture allows the product to melt into my hair like butter and this makes application super fun and easy because the amount slip that this product provides cuts down on my styling time. This creamy butter also plays well with gels (hair is not crunchy or flaky when mixed with gel products)
- Packaging– Super cute and feminine
- Moisturizing-My hair looked and felt super moisturized, soft and fluffy with a great amount of volume and shine, FOR DAYS. When used alone the Almond Jai didn’t give a lot of hold but the definition was still beautiful
- Price-This 8oz jar retails for $16.99 on the Camille Rose website and Target. It is a little bit expensive for my personal preference but even so, its worth the price tag.
I’ve added this product to my staples, and it has since been in HEAVY rotation. I am extremely happy that I was introduced to this brand. My conclusion about this butter? GO BUY IT NOW & SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!
For the application of the curl maker, I first used the Almond Jai as the leave-in (or base). In my experience, it’s always better to use other products within the same line because brands create products to work & mix well with each other. Using the Almond Jai as the base proved to be the right idea. The Curl Maker applied to my hair like a dream. As I went section by section and smoothed through my hair from root to tip, it glided through effortlessly. Once my curls were fully coated in the Curl Maker, I let my hair set by air drying. My curls were so shiny, defined and somehow had much less shrinkage than most other curl enhancing products I have used. I achieved amazing curl definition with the Curl Maker and the absolute best part…my hair did not feel crunchy! In my opinion, the Curl Maker is a fantastic product to achieve days of great hair without really having to do much to refresh the style at all.
- Scent– I’m still a bit in-between on this. Camille Rose has spoiled me with their brownie-cupcake scented products so when I first used the Curl Maker and got a whiff of citrus scents I was a little disheartened. It’s not bad at all, great actually-if you love ‘grapefruity’ scents but for me, it just wasn’t…cupcakes.
- Consistency– Stellar slip! You almost forget that you’re actually applying a gel to your hair. The consistency is very jelly like, which makes it easy to apply the curl maker with your fingers from root to tip.
- Packaging– The functionality of the pump is amazing because it easily distributes the product (even when your hands are slippery with water and other products).
- A wash & go that will last for DAYS– because the hold and shine remained, my curls were still touchable and flexible without being frizzy and disheveled.achieve a long lasting frizz free style
- Price– okay so $22 for a hair gel seriously hurt my feelings & my wallet!!! But I would go through the heartache of buying the Curl Maker again because it’s that good
All in all, I am super impressed with the Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai and Curl Maker Jelly. I have been using these products for just over three months and I love everything about them, from the scent to the feel of the products and best of all—how my hair feels days after using them.
Have you ever tried anything from the Camille Rose Naturals line? Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite product from their line and how you use it. Talk soon, Nuff love, Natasha.