Hello my StyleLeeders!!! How are ya? It’s WCW & I’m sharing with you the two women in this world who will forever have my heart. My MOM & my baby sister Danielle. ♥ This was us before treating mommy to brunch at the yacht club here in Montego Bay. Let me help you picture it just a bit, brunch on the waterfront, overlooking an array of yachts docked on the Caribbean Sea. Being hit by a lovely cool breeze while sipping mimosa’s along side my sister and the greatest woman in my life my mom! It was an absolutely perfect day.
After showering my mom with hugs and kisses I was a little stressed out because I had no clue what to wear. Yes! Even though my closet is bursting at the seams I still had nothing to wear because the humidity was clouding my mind and my mind was telling me to throw on denim shorts and a white-T. But it was mommy’s day, and if anyone knows my mom then you’d already know that she is a very fashionable woman. I wanted to at least look put together for her.
Say hello to ‘the romper’…every lazy fashionable gals best friend haha!!! For the past couple of years rompers always seem to make a comeback in the spring and summer months. Luckily for me, my military inspired romper from TOBI saved the day. It may not have been the dressiest of outfits since a romper is a little more boyish than a dress but hey, it is cuter than denim shorts and a tee…right?
The neutral khaki shade of my very relaxed, utility romper made this an easy outfit to work with. All I did was add a belt to help cinch in my waist a bit, slip on my peep-toe, block heel sandals and matched it to my cross-body bag. The final touch to my outfit was this bronze over-sized visor that I bought from a local retailer here in Jamaica. UGHHH!! This visor is perhaps going to be a staple piece to pair with all my summer outfits! I actually have since left it in my car because I think I’ll be wearing this more than my beloved sunglasses!
As I said earlier, there’s basically no garment that makes getting dressed in the a.m. more effortless than a romper or jumpsuit. Nonetheless it still isn’t the easiest garment to pull off, so I’ve included FIVE tips you should keep in mind when wearing a romper…
1. Make sure it’s not too tight! It’s about feeling comfortable (minus going to the bathroom struggle), looking stylish and effortless all in one. There’s no need for your romper to fit you like a glove. Plus who likes camel-toe anyway?
2. Break up the outfit with a belt. Doing this keeps the romper from looking like an adult onesie
3. Pay attention to length. Unless you’re at the beach or in a rap music video there is no reason your butt cheeks should be making their debut. Rule of thumb; the bottom of the romper should reach the ends of your fingertips, but I say just ensure your bum is covered.
4. Although I love my prints, if you stick to a solid color romper your outfit will look much classier.
5. Wear it with a heel. Rompers are already quite a casual get-up and it’s also inherently masculine. So please don’t just throw on a pair of flip-flops with your outfit (unless you’re at the beach). A cute wedge or a shoe with a chunky heel will help add a feminine flare while giving off the illusion of an elongated, lean body. Trust me, a little effort can go a long way.
Thank you for stopping by StyleLeeders! I know mothers day has come and gone but I still want to know what did you do to make Mothers Day special for the woman or women in your life? Talk soon, Nuff Love, Natasha ♥